Monday, June 12, 2006

Fremont

So Saturday was Fremont crit. Not feeling so hot after Friday night. I wasn't sure what to expect. The team called me out as the finisher on the day because of how well I road last week at Tulsa. No pressure at all. YEAH right!! I went in to the race a little nervous about how my legs were going to warm up.

The race starts and is sketchy due to a narrow hairpin. I get myself to the front after a few laps, the team is real active by either starting breaks or getting into them. After about 15-2o min I find myself off with Andy JM for a while. I get put in the hurt box and call for back up. Double D and Riggs save me from blowing to peaces. Miller flys like an F-1 with 2o min to go and take mad pressure off the team and allows us to organize. He gets caught with 5 to go and goes back to the front to ride tempo. What a savage. With 3 to go I though my race was done after getting pushed way wide, but Steve was there to save me. He gets me back to the front. I get swarmed again, I get saved again by my other teammate Steve. He gets me back to the front and right behind my fellow break mate from earlier in the race, and my mad man Billy I. They get me to the last corner and I take off to win my first p12 crit.

IM pretty stoaked right now. This wouldn't have happened with out my team. Thank you guys for putting yourself in loads of pain so I could bring home the W.

Daniel

4 Comments:

Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Way to go Daniel! Looking forward to seeing you guys race this weekend at Nevada City!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Steve R said...

Sounds like a great race, and it's good to see you blogging again.

How about a link to the team web site (if there is a current one) so I can figure out who all those riders are you mention?

2:00 PM  
Blogger jAndy donka-donk said...

come-on bro, slackin on the updates......

Hando and I even linked your ass.....

4:47 PM  
Blogger The Sage said...

Dude...I hope you like the winner's jersey.
From the Promoter of the fremont crit.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home